Saturday, January 15, 2011

An Indepth Artist Update/Interview: R.D.G. aka Murda Traxx

    



      R.D.G. aka Murda Traxx is an artist who was born in Mississippi, raised in Texas, and moved to Aurora, IL at the age of sixteen in 2001. R.D.G. began rapping in 2003 when a producer named Mike Russ approached him. For three years, R.D.G. worked on song writing, building a team, and supporting his sound. In 2006, R.D.G. released his first mixtape called "Refuse 2 be Unheard". The mixtapes following his 2006 debut were "From the Gritty to the City" (2007), "Just Business" (2008) and "The Introduction to R.D.G. aka Murda Traxx" (2010).   R.D.G. is about to release another mixtape in February 16, 2011, entitled "The Revelation".  On February 28, 2011 Chicago's WGCI radio will feature the artist R.D.G. Murda Traxx and his music for their Music Monday's program.

    R.D.G. aka Murda Traxx prides himself on being versatile and unique ability to transfer harmonious emotions to his audience. Over the years the music industry has taught R.D.G. that "real friends" are hard to find and should be cherished. R.D.G. believes that "Music is an outlet that breeds creativity and fuels the fire for my passion"
 
 
STREET BEAT: What is more important to you at the end of the day: Money, or Respect?

At the end of the day, I would choose to be respected over being wealthy because in the end that's what counts. Money is just a factor that brings about more opportunities for people to gain prestigious positions which ultimately lead to respect.

STREET BEAT: What is the main source of inspiration for your music?

Honestly, the answer is LIFE. Going through various situations in the course of living makes you feel different emotions and those raw emotions influence me to write the music I do. I try to be as versatile as possible and write songs for people of all lifestyles; from grown men/women ("Walk Away"), to club heads ("Shawty Get Live") and so on. Music to me is just capturing an emotional image and framing it in a song.

STREET BEAT: Who do you admire musically?

I admire a lot of people musically, from Drake to Jeezy. But the people I am most inspired by are Diddy, Jay-Z, and 50 cent because they were able to expand their musical talent to other arenas and gain notoriety outside of music. Seeing a rap artist go from music videos to being in movies, owning their colors, and water shows me the advantages of being versatile.

STREET BEAT: You've been doing this since you were 18 years old. How far do you want this music to take you?

In my opinion, music is more than a vehicle that will take me to a place I dreamed about.  Music is the way I think, feel, and live. So whether it takes me to the top of the world or to the depths of the earth as long as the spirit of music is in me and embodies my way of life I am "Happy" and that is something a billionaire couldn't buy. But to answer your question directly, I think my musical talent will take me farther than my eyes can see!
http://tweetmymixtape.com/7smw65

This man may go on to do big things for himself.  Please check out his music on at http://www.reverbnation.com/rdgakamurdatraxx

AND on Monday, February 28th as part of WGCI Chicago Radio's Music Mondays.  And look for the album "The Revelation" on Itunes, Rhapsody, and CDbaby.com. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats brah!!!! Dis iz a big step and a great opportunity..Keep up da gud work sun!!!!!!!Much luv, 4rom to boi Tatta aka XO

Unknown said...

This is what's up Big Homie keep pushing and doing ur thing. Make sure I get a copy of the Mixtape..

Unknown said...

Great job Rehon I think this is a great look for u. Good luck

Anonymous said...

You are motivation homey keep it up boi