Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Artist Profile/Interview: NAPALM

      Nathan D Palmer aka "NaPalm" is no stranger to the stage. He has developed his skills from a young age performing in the choir at his local church.  NaPalm's first mixtape "The Offseason"  was well received on the Northern Illinois University campus where he is already well known for his skills on the football field.  Besides "The Offseason”, NaPalm had also recorded a single entitled “Vowels” that has already begun to circulate among college campuses throughout the country. He is now working on his first album entitled "Lights Off".

HERE "VOWELS" NOW

NOGOSTREETBEAT:   What do you think separates you and your sound from any others that may be out there right now?

 

NaPalm:  I think my sound is a smoother yet classic r&b sound, also you can hear a bit of gospel flavor in my vocals. A lot of artists out now are more of melodic rappers versus being actual singers.

NSB:   You started singing as a young boy in the church. How has your upbringing shaped your outlook as a performer and songwriter?

NaPalm:  Starting off as a young boy in church really helped me become comfortable with singing in front of crowds. It also taught me how to sing with feeling and make songs my own, so to speak. As a songwriter I try to write with the same passion and feeling that is also found within churches.

NSB:   Aside from musical performance, you also excel in football, basketball, and track. Where is your heart at right now, mainly? Music or Sports? 

NaPalm:  Well music has always been my passion from age four but as of right now my heart is with finishing my college education as well as football career. Though my heart will always be with music, I have a desire to finish school, just to have a foundation once football and music is done.

NSB:   Who do you listen to? What is on your desert island all time CD list?

NaPalm:  I listen to a variety of artists. Trey Songz has been in heavy rotation lately but other artists I listen to include Usher, Luther Vandross, Marvin Gaye, Anita Baker, even a little Maroon 5. I am just a fan of music period. My all time CD list would be mainly R&B but I definitely would have to wake up every morning to “Hello Good Morning” by Diddy/Dirty Money. 

NSB:   Musically, where do you want to be in 5 years?

NaPalm:  In five years I want to be on top of the R&B charts and touring the world having shows everyday. I get a great joy out of performing so in five years I want to own the stage and give people a show to remember every time I perform.


NSB:  With all that said, I believe anyone can do anything they put their mind too. I certainly look forward to hearing NaPalm on my speakers one day.  Check out NaPalm on http://www.reverbnation.com/ by clicking the link below, and look for that album to drop in the second quarter. 






Check out NAPALM on REVERBNATION and look for his album to drop in 2011

1 comment:

tholmes71 said...

Very well said! NaPalm, it's time for you to "Get It In" in 2011!!!